iPadOS
iPad saves not working

My saves aren't working. I played for hours yesterday. Saved my progress several times including just before I quit. Today it started the same place it did yesterday.
I don't know what to do. I don't know why it choose this spot to save, right after lighting the first yellow laser.
I lit all three lasers, went into dark mode and jumped to the other platform.
It was fabulous!
I hit save so many times! I can't believe none of them worked.
I use a 7th gen iPad, iOS 14.6.
Let me know if you need more.
I love the game but the puzzles are hard. I'm not gonna keep doing them over and over.

> ![60f096f389f1a](serve/attachment&path=60f096f389f1a)
My saves aren't working. I played for hours yesterday. Saved my progress several times including just before I quit. Today it started the same place it did yesterday. I don't know what to do. I don't know why it choose this spot to save, right after lighting the first yellow laser. I lit all three lasers, went into dark mode and jumped to the other platform. It was fabulous! I hit save so many times! I can't believe none of them worked. I use a 7th gen iPad, iOS 14.6. Let me know if you need more. I love the game but the puzzles are hard. I'm not gonna keep doing them over and over. ```` > ![60f096f389f1a](serve/attachment&path=60f096f389f1a) ````

Exactly the same problem here on the 5th Gen, 12.9” iPad pro, in roughly the same place. I finished the first world, and then got the seond, along with both the “red complete” and “blue complete” achievements in the Game Center. I shut the game down, went off for a bit, and have just opened it at the second laser in the first world. It’s literally the only save.

I love the aesthetic of the game, and the puzzles, but I really don’t want to have to play through half of it again. Especially as the controls are awkward on iPad and getting the ball through the ducting was fairly time-consuming.

Exactly the same problem here on the 5th Gen, 12.9” iPad pro, in roughly the same place. I finished the first world, and then got the seond, along with both the “red complete” and “blue complete” achievements in the Game Center. I shut the game down, went off for a bit, and have just opened it at the second laser in the first world. It’s literally the only save. I love the aesthetic of the game, and the puzzles, but I really don’t want to have to play through half of it again. Especially as the controls are awkward on iPad and getting the ball through the ducting was fairly time-consuming.

It’s happened again. I was near the end of the 4th area (in the same room as the dark cube), didn’t play for a day, and when I load it up again I’m back at the very first fountain. And this time I’ve made sure that every time I exited the game I hit “save”, rather than relying on autosave.

It’s happened again. I was near the end of the 4th area (in the same room as the dark cube), didn’t play for a day, and when I load it up again I’m back at the very first fountain. And this time I’ve made sure that every time I exited the game I hit “save”, rather than relying on autosave.

I have also experienced this, but I also have figured out a workaround!

First thing to do is, save often, and WATCH the spinner. If it takes a long time, the save has (probably) worked. If it's instant. The save has probably failed.

(I have noticed that failure happens more often when my network is busy. I suspect it's something to do with network traffic).

If the save fails (by the above test), try again. It might work on the second or third attempt.

If you find it impossible to get a successful save, force-quit the game. Yes, I know, that means you will definitely lose all your work since the last save - but you've lost that anyway, so it's better to abort now than later, because once the game has got into this state, all saves from here on will fail.

After force-quitting the game, relaunch it, and CONTINUE. Hopefully, you haven't unwound too far. Move about a bit, then save again. In my experience, save-game starts working again at this point. But keep an eye on it - you may have to do this again.

It's a bug. This is just a workaround. I hope the workaround helps some folk, but more, I hope the bug gets fixed soon.

I have also experienced this, but I also have figured out a workaround! First thing to do is, save often, and WATCH the spinner. If it takes a long time, the save has (probably) worked. If it's instant. The save has probably failed. (I have noticed that failure happens more often when my network is busy. I suspect it's something to do with network traffic). If the save fails (by the above test), try again. It might work on the second or third attempt. If you find it impossible to get a successful save, force-quit the game. Yes, I know, that means you will definitely lose all your work since the last save - but you've lost that anyway, so it's better to abort now than later, because once the game has got into this state, all saves from here on will fail. After force-quitting the game, relaunch it, and CONTINUE. Hopefully, you haven't unwound too far. Move about a bit, then save again. In my experience, save-game starts working again at this point. But keep an eye on it - you may have to do this again. It's a bug. This is just a workaround. I hope the workaround helps some folk, but more, I hope the bug gets fixed soon.
edited Sep 27 '21 at 6:32 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft