Bug Reports
Game crashing on macOS

Hi!

First of all, congratulations to the whole team for this amazing game. I finished this weekend and loved it.

But unfortunately I had several random crashes during my playtime.

This is my system:
5dad5fbbaa667

Sorry to make this report so vague, but I really didn't notice anything in common between the crashes. Maybe there are some debug logs I can upload to help investigate this?

Hi! First of all, congratulations to the whole team for this amazing game. I finished this weekend and loved it. But unfortunately I had several random crashes during my playtime. This is my system: ![5dad5fbbaa667](serve/attachment&path=5dad5fbbaa667) Sorry to make this report so vague, but I really didn't notice anything in common between the crashes. Maybe there are some debug logs I can upload to help investigate this?
edited Oct 21 '19 at 9:40 pm

Hi obitow, thanks for reporting this. I've passed the issue onto the rest of the team and we are looking into it now.

Hi obitow, thanks for reporting this. I've passed the issue onto the rest of the team and we are looking into it now.

Hello,

I subscribed Apple Arcade because of Manifold Garden, and I'm an instant fan!

I enjoy it very uch on my iPad, however I have some crashing issues on my Macbook Pro as well (Mid 2014 model).

5daebb4dcf150

Initially when I downloaded the game, I was able to run it and I wanted to meddle with the graphics settings (since I thought the full resolution would be too much for my integrated graphics). But even before I could start the game it crashed and quit.

Now I cannot start and access even the game menu. I deleted the app and redownloaded from the app store, but it's the same story: crashes even before opens.

Is there any way to delete any config files that might've lingered after the first install? I would love to at least access the menu and not touch the graphics settings.

Many thanks, and keep up the great work!

Hello, I subscribed Apple Arcade because of Manifold Garden, and I'm an instant fan! I enjoy it very uch on my iPad, however I have some crashing issues on my Macbook Pro as well (Mid 2014 model). ![5daebb4dcf150](serve/attachment&path=5daebb4dcf150) Initially when I downloaded the game, I was able to run it and I wanted to meddle with the graphics settings (since I thought the full resolution would be too much for my integrated graphics). But even before I could start the game it crashed and quit. Now I cannot start and access even the game menu. I deleted the app and redownloaded from the app store, but it's the same story: crashes even before opens. Is there any way to delete any config files that might've lingered after the first install? I would love to at least access the menu and not touch the graphics settings. Many thanks, and keep up the great work!

Hi,

After the most recent update (Dec 20) on the Mac App Store, I still am face to face with the crashing error. I was not able to play the game once since it came out on the MacOS via Apple Arcade.

Here's the potential mistake that I did: Since my Macbook is late 2014 model, I was not so happy with the default graphics options so I went into the settings to fiddle with them, lowered some resolutions, disabled some Antialiasing etc.

Ever since then I am definitively not able to launch the game (past the Game Center Welcome notification). It always crashes before displaying the main menu.

Is there a way to purge all the config files so I can install a new fresh version of the game? (Simply removing and uninstalling doesn't work).

Edit: I previously pasted the Crash log here, but it kind of messed up the page, so I am removing it and will post a proper bug report through the Google Forms link.

Many thanks...

Hi, After the most recent update (Dec 20) on the Mac App Store, I still am face to face with the crashing error. I was not able to play the game once since it came out on the MacOS via Apple Arcade. Here's the potential mistake that I did: Since my Macbook is late 2014 model, I was not so happy with the default graphics options so I went into the settings to fiddle with them, lowered some resolutions, disabled some Antialiasing etc. Ever since then I am definitively not able to launch the game (past the Game Center Welcome notification). It always crashes before displaying the main menu. Is there a way to purge all the config files so I can install a new fresh version of the game? (Simply removing and uninstalling doesn't work). Edit: I previously pasted the Crash log here, but it kind of messed up the page, so I am removing it and will post a proper bug report through the Google Forms link. Many thanks...
edited Dec 25 '19 at 11:33 am

Hi Berke,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We do have a bug on MacOS where it crashes if antialiasing is set to 2xMSAA

You'll need to reset the value in the settings file.

Go here:

/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Containers/garden.manifold.manifoldgardenmacos/Data/Library/Application/Support/garden.manifold.manifoldgardenmacos

You might see something like

/Tcd735e0064689c9cad3e3377eb93f15c

as well

You'll need to find the Settings.txt file and change

aaIndex

to 0.

That should fix it.

When you put up the game, just avoid 2xAA. You can set it to 4xAA and 8xAA and those should be fine.

You can also just straight up delete the Settings.txt file.

Hi Berke, Thanks for reporting this issue. We do have a bug on MacOS where it crashes if antialiasing is set to 2xMSAA You'll need to reset the value in the settings file. Go here: **/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Containers/garden.manifold.manifoldgardenmacos/Data/Library/Application/Support/garden.manifold.manifoldgardenmacos** You might see something like **/Tcd735e0064689c9cad3e3377eb93f15c** as well You'll need to find the** Settings.txt** file and change ```` aaIndex ```` to 0. That should fix it. When you put up the game, just avoid 2xAA. You can set it to 4xAA and 8xAA and those should be fine. You can also just straight up delete the **Settings.txt** file.
edited Jan 17 '20 at 2:13 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft