Bug Reports
Missing box near beginning of game

I was confused near the very beginning of the game. I think there is a box that is invisible that should be visible (based on polygon's preview of a beta build).

Here is a picture of me holding the invisible box:
5daca6639ec11

My game version is 1.0.23.12156 .

My basic computer specs are:

• Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
  • Video Card (primary) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Video Card (secondary) Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
  • RAM 8.0 GB
  • OS Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit
I was confused near the very beginning of the game. I think there is a box that is invisible that should be visible (based on polygon's preview of a beta build). Here is a picture of me holding the invisible box: ![5daca6639ec11](serve/attachment&path=5daca6639ec11) My game version is 1.0.23.12156 . My basic computer specs are: - **Processor** Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz - **Video Card (primary)** NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB - **Video Card (secondary)** Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 - **RAM** 8.0 GB - **OS** Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit
edited Oct 20 '19 at 7:53 pm

A discord discussion says this is common if I have outdated drivers. I'll try to update my drivers.

A discord discussion says this is common if I have outdated drivers. I'll try to update my drivers.

Hi @dirib, thanks for reporting that. We will look into the issue and log it in our bug database.

Hi @dirib, thanks for reporting that. We will look into the issue and log it in our bug database.

Thanks for the response. Just confirming that updating my graphics driver at the time didn't fix it, and just now a more recent graphics driver update and uninstalling and reinstalling the game still didn't fix it. (I also tried lowering the graphics settings to the lowest preset, which still didn't solve this issue.)

Still excited to play whenever it gets patched or there's something else I can try.

Thanks for the response. Just confirming that updating my graphics driver at the time didn't fix it, and just now a more recent graphics driver update and uninstalling and reinstalling the game still didn't fix it. (I also tried lowering the graphics settings to the lowest preset, which still didn't solve this issue.) Still excited to play whenever it gets patched or there's something else I can try.

i just started playing and had the same problem. the box for the red and yellow buttons at the start of the game are invisible. if the other boxes in the game are visible, then ok, but if every box in the game is invisible then it's unplayable. do you have an answer for that?

i just started playing and had the same problem. the box for the red and yellow buttons at the start of the game are invisible. if the other boxes in the game are visible, then ok, but if every box in the game is invisible then it's unplayable. do you have an answer for that?

@jmdrs For me, the first four boxes at least were invisible, and probably every box.

My solution I only just found was to actually connect my HDMI cable to the 1060. The monitor connected to the 1060 seems to display things fine.

@jmdrs For me, the first four boxes at least were invisible, and probably every box. My solution I only just found was to actually connect my HDMI cable to the 1060. The monitor connected to the 1060 seems to display things fine.
edited Nov 23 '19 at 2:32 am

5e03605f14b5b

Hi all

I have exactly the same problem.

Question to a developers

Is there any updated on this one?

I spend way more time on looking for the cubes than trying solve the puzzle.

Drivers updated, issue remain.

![5e03605f14b5b](serve/attachment&path=5e03605f14b5b) Hi all I have exactly the same problem. Question to a developers Is there any updated on this one? I spend way more time on looking for the cubes than trying solve the puzzle. Drivers updated, issue remain.

Hey all,

First of all - apologies for the inconvenience the invisible cubes caused.

We finally have a fix for the issue and it will be in the next update that's coming out end of January 2020 (in about 2 weeks).

Intel HD 4400 and 5500 don't support the rendering method we are using for the cubes and water in the game. This method allows us to render multiple instances of the object - basically you can see the cube AND the other versions of it in the repeated worlds.

In the case of dirib, the GTX 1060 card supports the rendering method and the Intel HD 4460 doesn't.

We do have a solution for 4400 and 5500 cards, and it will be in the next update. The version number should be 1.0.30.XXXXX

To enable it, you will just need to type ~ or ` to bring up the console, then type

toggle_slow_draw

This will enable machines with Intel HD 4400 and 5500 to see the cubes.

Hey all, First of all - apologies for the inconvenience the invisible cubes caused. We finally have a fix for the issue and it will be in the next update that's coming out end of January 2020 (in about 2 weeks). Intel HD 4400 and 5500 don't support the rendering method we are using for the cubes and water in the game. This method allows us to render multiple instances of the object - basically you can see the cube AND the other versions of it in the repeated worlds. In the case of dirib, the GTX 1060 card supports the rendering method and the Intel HD 4460 doesn't. We do have a solution for 4400 and 5500 cards, and it will be in the next update. The version number should be 1.0.30.XXXXX To enable it, you will just need to type ~ or ` to bring up the console, then type ```` toggle_slow_draw ```` This will enable machines with Intel HD 4400 and 5500 to see the cubes.
edited Jan 17 '20 at 2:07 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft